Thursday, July 27, 2006
It came from the UK
Fun Facts About the United Kingdom:
- The UK was established in 1801 by the Act of Union 1800, which merged the Kingdom of Ireland and the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- The UK is made up of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales on the island of Great Britain, and Northern Ireland.
- The governmental system in the UK is a constitutional monarchy, and I'm not even going to go into that.
- The main religion in the UK is Christianity. It has one of the lowest levels of worship in the world, with less than 8% of people actually attending any form of worship on a regular basis.
- Education is mandatory from ages five to sixteen.
- Their flag is awesome.
- The Top 10 All Time Selling Albums in the UK:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory
Michael Jackson - Bad
Abba - Gold
Queen - Greatest Hits
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Simply Red - Stars
Madonna - Immaculate Collection
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
While we're on the subject, here's a little playlist of UK artists.
Click the artist image for more.
Dirty Pretty Things - You Fucking Love It
Milburn - Belle of the Ball
Arctic Monkeys - Leave Before The Lights Come On
The Duke Spirit - Love Is an Unfamiliar Name
The Coral - Dreaming of You
The Zutons - Why Won't You Give Me Your Love
The View - Wasted Little Djs
Bloc Party - Helicopter (Breakneck Mix)
The Horrors - Count in Fives
The Pipettes - Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me
To download the playlist, click here.