Friday, August 11, 2006

Sunset Rubdown

One thing that I am always looking for in music is something that sounds like nothing else that I have ever heard before. I like originality, an artist who develops their own unique sound. Disequilibrium of the ears really makes me pay attention. Enter: Sunset Rubdown.

I've only discovered Sunset Rubdown recently, but they have been making their way around the blogs pretty frequently for a while now. It was originally a solo side-project for Spencer Krug, the lead singer for Wolf Parade. However on the newest Sunset Rubdown release titled Shut Up I Am Dreaming Spencer recruited Camilla Wynn Ingr, Jordan Robson-Cramer, and Mike Doerkson to lend their talents to the music. The first release tilted Snake’s Got A Leg was simply Spencer Krug and his laptop. Both of these releases as well as an EP are available on eMusic.


(Shut Up I Am Dreaming)
Stadiums and Shrines II
They Took a Vote and Said No

(Snake’s Got A Leg)
I’ll Believe in Anything, You’ll Believe in Anything


k8 said...

i'll believe in anything you believe in anything is totally bitchin.