Saturday, September 09, 2006

Texas vs. Ohio State Gameday Songs

I made my way downtown last night to catch Ghostland Observatory's performance at a little venue on Congress called Trophy's. I left the show thouroughly rocked to the maximum and dripping with sweat, I don't think I have witnessed such a powerful force from a two piece band since I saw the Stripes a few years ago. If you have an opportunity, I'd highly recommend that you see Ghostland Observatory in concert. Another Austin band called LIONS opened the show and were quite good, more on them later.

My alma mater is taking on the Ohio State Buckeyes tonight here in Austin, so I put together a few songs that I thought were fitting for gameday. The game will be televised on ABC tonight at 8PM ET, and if tonight's game is half as good as last year's matchup between TX-OSU it will be entertaining to watch. Texas Fight.

Here's some songs...

Alone in the Endzone - Radio Birdman
Something Against You - Pixies
Run Rabbit Run - Bantam Rooster
Brace and Break - The Thermals
Cowbell (The Black Eyes Remix) - Tapes 'n Tapes
It's A Long Way To The Top - Dropkick Murphys
Assassin - Muse
Walk Idiot Walk - The Hives
The Power Is On - The Go! Team
Put Your Dukes Up John - Arctic Monkeys
Know Your Enemy (Live) - Rage Against The Machine
Prayer to God - Shellac