Monday, October 16, 2006

Let it Rain

Seeing as how there is an 80% chance of rain in my geographic location today, I took a little time to compile some of my current favorite songs that are rain-related. I have done this type of compilation once before and many of my friends seemed to enjoy it, and I think that the songs that I chose this time around are even better than my first attempt. All of the songs have titles that have something to do with rain or water, except for the final track "Farewell Transmission" by Songs: Ohia, but since chances are my electricity will go out during the storm and the song opens with the lines "The whole place is dark, Every light on this side of the town, Suddenly it all went down," I thought it was fitting. I even slipped in a song off of the upcoming release by The Walkmen titled "Pussy Cats", which is a recreation of the 1974 album by Harry Nilsson that featured production by John Lennon. You can find more info about that disc here.

You can listen to each individual song below, or download the mix as a .Zip file by clicking here. Listen, enjoy, and always remember to wear a raincoat.

1. Andrew Bird The Water Jet Cilice
2. Sunset Rubdown Swimming
3. The Walkmen Many Rivers To Cross
4. The Detroit Cobras It's Raining
5. KT Tunstall Under The Weather
6. The Beta Band Dry The Rain
7. Hot Chip Keep Fallin'
8. Cold War Kids Hang Me Up To Dry
9. 747s Rain Kiss
10. Destroyer Watercolours Into The Ocean
11. Brightblack Morning Light Come Another Rain Down
12. Songs: Ohia Farewell Transmission


Anonymous said...

Watercolors into the Ocean is a beautiful song.