Sunday, February 25, 2007

Commercial break...

Wes Anderson's American Express commerial: "My Life, My Card"

I used music from many of his films for this thing. Any of you classical music heads out there know what selection is featured in this ad?

*Update* - Thanks to a knowledgeable visitor, I have found the piece of music that was used.

Georges Delerue - "Grand Choral" from Day for Night.

"Can I get my snack?"

Geico caveman at the airport. I laugh, out loud, every single time I see it.


The music in that ad is "Remind Me" by the Norwegian electronic duo Royksopp. That song and a remix they supplied for Beck's Guero in 2005, below.

Royksopp - "Remind Me"
Royksopp - "Still Missing (Remix)"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Geico commercial song. Here is some help with the Wes Anderson commercial:

I know it is from the movie Day for Night by Truffaut. I am also pretty sure the composer is Georges Delerue. The piece of music is "choral" or something. Hope that helps.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Anonymous, you. are. awesome.

It is indeed a Georges Delerue work, titled "Grand Choral" and featured in La Nuit Americaine (Day for Night). I'll add that song to this entry, thanks!

invisible said...
This comment has been removed by the author.