Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Hand-Clapping Extravaganza


Today I'm paying homage to that invaluable instrument so often taken for granted, the hand clap. Each of the tracks below are some of my favorite songs that feature hand claps a' plenty, and under that I'll go ahead and list some of the other songs that came to mind when I was putting this together. Feel free to add in any that you think of...

I'm a big fan of any type of hand percussion in general really, claps, snappin' yo fingers, both of them work great in a song. Plus, they're always handy. (boo-hiss)
-----

Honorable mentions:
  • Hot Chip - "A Glue Too Thick"
  • Hot Chip - "Over & Over"
  • Hot Chip - "(Just Like We) Breakdown"
  • Amy Winehouse - "Rehab" (Hot Chip remix)
  • Beck - "Go It Alone"
  • Beck - "Where It's At"
  • Beck - "Cellphone's Dead" (Jamie Lidell remix)
  • The Rapture - "House Of Jealous Lovers"
  • Eagles Of Death Metal - "Flames Go Higher"
  • The Ramones - "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker"
  • The Romantics - "What I Like About You"
  • John Mellencamp - "Jack And Diane"
  • Queen - "We Will Rock You"
  • Cake - "Opera Singer"
  • Spoon - "Back To The Life"
  • Belle & Sebastian - "Women's Realm"
  • Ol' Dirty Bastard - "Baby I Got Your Money"
  • Nina Simone - "Sinnerman"
  • Kings of Leon - "Holy Roller Novacaine"
  • Gorillaz - "Dirty Harry"
  • Radio Citizen - "Nightingale (feat. Bajka)"
  • Feist - "1 2 3 4"
  • Devendra Banhart and Jana Hunter - "A Bright-Ass Light"
  • Led Zeppelin - "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp"
  • AC/DC - "Baby, Please Don't Go"
  • Tokyo Police Club - "Cheer It On" (Trey Told Em remix)

8 comments:

Ben said...

I was hoping that

Busta rhymes- "Make it clap"

would at least get honorable mention

hehe otherwise good theme

Mr. Curiosity said...

There's one.

I guess I could've tossed in "Nolia Clap" as well, but I had to cut the list off at some point otherwise it would really get out of hand. =]

Anonymous said...

How about Rose Royce, "Car Wash," or the Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone"?

stopokaygo said...

fun!

kissing the lipless- the shins
the clapping song- shirley ellis (oldie.)

Doug said...

Oh come on! No Clap! Clap!? Doug Hanshaw has perfected the art. :)

Mr. Curiosity said...

The dude is a clapping machine sent from the future, I'm sure of that.

I'm beginning to think I should do another one of these entries toward the end of the month or something, I've definitely got plenty of ammo.

peteski said...

these've crossed my desk recently

Cobrastyle - Tebbybears
We Were Lovers - Bloc Party
Golden Years - David Bowie

Anonymous said...

what about the handclapping song by the meters? seems pretty relevant