Thinking the Plastiscines had a pretty cool sound, I figured I'd use them as a starting point for a little playlist of female French pop. I found a track from another French band named Curlee Wurlee, who play "a mix of 60s oriented organ driven beat, surf and fuzz garage punk consisting of original compositions in Frenglish (statistically speaking something around 60% English/Frenglish, 40% French, 10% instrumentals and 1,7% German which makes out a total of 111,7%.)"
Follow the links to get more...
Ultra Chicks series, one comes from Fabienne DelSol, a couple more come from the Pop A Paris compilation, and I picked a handful from the catalog of Sylvie Vartan, whom you can read about here and here.
The first person to leave a comment identifying each of the covers might just win a sweet prize of some sort. The only hint I'll give is that "Ne Le Decois Pas" was also covered by my favorite cover band from Detroit. Enjoy!
- Fabienne DelSol - "Laisse Tomber Les Filles"
- Nicoletta - "Le Grand Amour"
- Marie Laforet - "Marie Douceur Marie Colere"
- Sylvie Vartan - "Ne T'en Va Pas"
- Sylvie Vartan - "Est-Ce Que Tu Le Sais?"
- Sylvie Vartan - "Ne Le Decois Pas"
- Sylvie Vartan - "Sois Pas Cruel"
- Eileen - "Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher"