Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summer Songs, v.2

Now that it's officially upon us, here are ten more for your summer soundtrack. A few older ones are in there, with the Kinks from 1967, one of Pavement's early releases from 1992, and another from a 1997 Modest Mouse EP.

Coltrane Motion are sticking around in my rotation (@ Blog Fresh too,) and there's another from the Shaky Hands album that I told you about.

Follow the links to get more from these artists.
  1. Eels - "Mr. E's Beautiful Blues"
    "Goddamn right, it's a beautiful day"
    eelstheband.com

  2. Apples in Stereo - "The Rainbow"
    "And so it came to pass, I saw you on the grass"
    applesinstereo.com

  3. Islands - "Jogging Gorgeous Summer"
    "The sky's blue, so what should we do?"
    islandsareforever.com

  4. The Shaky Hands - "Sunburns"
    "You left sunburns on my face"
    theshakyhands.com

  5. Pavement - "Summer Baby"
    "Mixin' cocktails with a plastic-tipped cigar"
    wikipedia.org/Pavement

  6. Modest Mouse - "Summer"
    "Just the smell of the summer can make me fall in love"
    modestmousemusic.com

  7. Coltrane Motion - "Summertime"
    "Oh....oh...ohh yeah, right"
    coltranemotion.com

  8. The Walkmen - "Louisiana"
    "I got my hands full, all summer long"
    myspace/thewalkmen

  9. Beck - "Girl"
    "Hey, my sun-eyed girl"
    beck.com

  10. The Kinks - "Waterloo Sunset"
    "As long as I gaze on waterloo sunset, I am in paradise"
    wikipedia.org/TheKinks

1 comments:

butter team said...

strong selection!