- LCD Soundsystem
- Live on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic"
"LCD mastermind James Murphy and his band rev up the beats per minute to new extremes, and it's thrilling," said the Chicago Tribune of the band's recent knock-out performance at Lollapalooza. "When the band launches into the rising tide of 'All My Friends,' it completely owns Grant Park." Their performance the following day at Washington, DC's V Festival was equally mesmerizing: "Importing ragged post-punk and no-wave elements into accessible dance-punk, the James Murphy gang turned out one of the best sets of Day One," said HarpMagazine.com. "The breakneck disco beats and Gang of Four bass lines never let up, and Murphy's groggy croon was too cool. In their recording career, LCD is batting one thousand, so the set list couldn't make a wrong turn: 'North American Scum' and 'Daft Punk is Playing at My House' sounded especially saucy."
Following a series of international dates, LCD Soundsystem will return to the U.S. for a fall tour with Arcade Fire that launches on September 17th at Denver's Red Rocks Amphitheatre. The two bands are also pairing up to produce a limited edition split 7" single featuring LCD Soundsystem's cover of Joy Division's "No Love Lost" and Arcade Fire's cover of Serge Gainsbourg's "Poupee de Cire". The single will be available exclusively on the tour dates and through the bands' websites.
North American Dates (9/17 - 10/7 with Arcade Fire)
- 9/14 Austin, TX; Austin City Limits Festival
- 9/17 Denver, CO; Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 9/20 Los Angeles, CA; Hollywood Bowl
- 9/22 San Francisco, CA; Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 9/24 Seattle, WA; WaMu Theater at Qwest Field
- 9/26 Salt Lake City, UT; Waterfall Amphitheatre at Thanksgiving Pt
- 9/28 Kansas City, MO; Starlight Theatre
- 9/30 St.Paul, MN; Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 10/3 Louisville, KY; Waterfront Park
- 10/5 Columbus, OH; LC Pavilion
- 10/6 New York, NY; Randall's Island