If time, general ACL-craziness and other obligations were not an issue, my schedule might look some thing like this...
- Blonde Redhead
- LCD Soundsystem
- Spoon - "I Turn My Camera On" (John McEntire Remix)
- Reverend Horton Heat - "Beer:30"
- Dax Riggs - "Didn't Know Yet..."
- Stephen Marley
- Cold War Kids - "Rubidoux"
- Andrew Bird - "Measuring Cups"
- Arctic Monkeys
- White Stripes
- The Little Ones - "Lovers Who Uncover"
- Yo La Tengo- "Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind"
- The National
- Ben Kweller
- Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Temple Bar"
- Regina Spektor
- Ghostland Observatory
- Bob Dylan
Friday and Saturday night Hot Freaks! set up camp at The Mohawk and Club de Ville for a two-night independent music show. Friday night headliners are Grizzly Bear and Art Brut, with local openers Crazy Sexy Rainbow and Brazos. I heard someone say that Crazy Sexy Rainbow is a White Denim pseudonym, but don't quote me on that one. I saw Brazos play at the Austin Sound Off last weekend, and they knocked my socks off. Definitely try to make it to this one.
St. Vincent and The Rosebuds, with local openers Yellow Fever and Sparrow House. Doors open each night at 8:30pm, and entrance will be restricted to those who RSVP at www.DellLounge.com. The list will fill quickly, so don't sleep on it.
If you just can't wait to get the party started, then head down to Antone's on Wednesday night to watch the 5 remaining bands from "The Sound and the Jury" online band battle compete for an opportunity to perform at ACL. More than 600 bands around the world uploaded their music to participate in the competition, and that list is now down to five.
- Blue Flashing Light
- Golden Bear - "Santa Rosa" (Web)
- Homer Hiccolm & the Rocketboys
- Nelo Music
- Quiet Company - "It's Better to Spend Money" (Web)