Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Legendary Roots Crew: Live

Are you ready for this? An absolutely killer set from The Legendary Roots Crew at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. This performance was recorded in 1999, right in the middle of the Things Fall Apart era and shortly before they released their only live album.

I first saw The Roots at the 2004 ACL Fest, and I quickly started picking up their albums and really getting into their stuff. A year or so later I saw them at Stubb's, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Questlove even tossed me a signed drumstick. Good times, it was. I've been trying to track down a high-quality Roots bootleg for months, searching high and low in hopes of reliving those times I've seen them perform.

Now, I can finally sleep better at night. This is the one. The Roots give it their all for the better part of two hours, bring out a couple of special guests, give a couple of good solos, and the sound quality is 100% perfect.

I've taken everything from the set and made it one single file, so you can just push play and forget about it. If you want all of the indivudual files you can get 'em right here, along with a handful of other (lesser quality) live shows from The Roots.
  1. Intro
  2. Without A Doubt
  3. Table of Contents
  4. The Next Movement
  5. Step Into The Realm
  6. Proceed
  7. Mellow My Man
  8. Jusfuckwithis
  9. Ain't Sayin Nothin New
  10. Concerto Of The Desperado
  11. The Ultimate
  12. The Lesson
  13. Double Trouble
  14. 100% Dundee
  15. You Got Me
  16. ?uestlove Solo
  17. Kamal Solo
  18. Hub Solo
  19. Scratch Solo
  20. Adrenaline
  21. Y'all Know Who