Sunday, November 25, 2007

Spoon demos

For a while now I have been collecting various Spoon demos that I've come across. Some of them were included on official releases, some were available for download from their website, and some get passed around amongst fans. If you've never heard these, I think it's pretty cool to listen through different versions of songs that make up parts of Kill The Moonlight and Gimme Fiction. Most of these have been in circulation for a while, so I figured I'd put them all together in one place.

If you plan on being in Austin on Thursday December 13th, you can catch Britt Daniel along with Silversun Pickups and The Lemurs at Emo's. Also, if you haven't checked out the Spoon online store lately there are some new shirts and posters in there that are pretty rad. I'm digging that Dracula tee. Check the Spoon blog to find out about the exclusive track they donated to the Darfur benefit CD.

Enjoy the tunes...
I used to see this live Spoon video of "Roller Coaster" on the Austin Music Network(RIP) all the time, and would occasionally yell out Roller Coaster at Spoon gigs just to see if they would play it. At the time, little did I know that it was a 13th Floor Elevators cover. The original is found on The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, and the Spoon version below was recorded on September 25th of 2002, I believe at Stubb's indoor.
Last, but not least, here's a little hip-hop edit of "I Turn My Camera On" by an Los Angeles DJ who goes by the name Predakon. You can check out his site to hear more.

1 comments:

herbaliser said...

Actually, the style is more of the Spacemen 3 cover of the song. Heh.