Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Black Keys/Danger Mouse

I read somewhere a few months ago, perhaps in Rolling Stone, that The Black Keys had teamed up with Danger Mouse to create their next album. Then, not long after that news bit came across the wire, I read that the plans for that album had been scrapped and the two Keys were just going to do it the old-fashioned way. I was never too sure how I felt about the idea, I mean trying to mix hip hop and rock & roll fails far more often than it succeeds. But, I was always intrigued by the idea of this collaboration and was a bit deflated when I read that it had become a no-go.

I cautiously rejoiced today when I clicked over to Pitchfork, which I really should start doing more often, and read that the Black Keys/Danger Mouse connection is still on like Donkey Kong. The album is titled Attack & Release, produced by Danger Mouse, and it will be hitting the shelves on the 1st of April. The Keys will of course be touring in support of the release, starting right here in Austin at SXSW (woot).

Check tour dates & more info on Attack & Release at Pfork.
from Thickfreakness
from Rubber Factory

0 comments: