Saturday, January 19, 2008

Live Dead Confederate

Have you heard of Dead Confederate yet? Their name keeps popping up at various sites I frequent out there in internet-land, and Sonic Itch has been fastidiously recommending that I check them out. Rumor has it they're in town recording an album with producer Mike McCarthy (Spoon), and rumor also has it that they'll be opening up for one of those bigtime acts who will be performing at Stubb's during SXSW. But first, they will be playing at Mohawk tomorrow night with Christian Bland of the Black Angels. This should be a good show, and you can get more info on it right here.


Rich said...

As a local, I can just say that I've seen them and they're not my thing. Pretty ordinary, loud Southern rock.

Your mileage may vary.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Yeah, last night was my introduction to them. I wasn't totally slayed, but it was a nice, loud set that kept me well entertained.