Friday, January 25, 2008

Live Ratatat Redux

Last spring I uploaded this live set from Ratatat on KEXP, and today I was in the mood to bring it back to the top. Not only because I was in the mood (and the previous link was dead), but I've also got a bit of Ratatat news for you. I got in touch with them not long ago about playing the SXSW party that I am organizing with a few friends (Sonic Itch Music, Cubik Musik), and there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that they probably won't be in Austin for SXSW, but good news is that they are looking at a Spring release for their new record, which means that there should be some touring in May or so. These guys always put on a fantastic show, and they seem to be pretty big fans of Austin, so I'll keep you updated on that one.
By the way, you can still download their latest mixtape absolutely free from their official website. That's a pretty good deal.