Wednesday, January 30, 2008

White Denim & Rolling Stone

I took a look through the latest Rolling Stone magazine that arrived in my mailbox the other day, and what do you know, there's a full-page article about Austin's own White Denim. Oddly, it mentions that a certain member of the band is also the son of a professional baseball player who I remember from my childhood. I grew up a short drive from Dallas and used to go watch the Texas Rangers play ball all the time, so I recognized the name is soon as I read it. Here is a pretty flattering quote pulled from the article:
"White Denim combines Jimi Hendrix's psychedelic soul, the Stooges' protopunk and the White Stripes' minimal garage rock. Their debut EP, Let's Talk About It, a thrilling demo-style set that's self-released and available on iTunes, features squalling guitar licks, fuzzed-out organs and Block's jazz-influenced drum skills. "
You can read the article for yourself by clicking on the image at the top of this post. Check out a couple of new their tracks over at RCRD LBL, where they will also be releasing some new stuff very soon. For more, just head over to myspace.

1 comments:

Brad aka Penguin said...

Cheers to those guys