Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Dodos

The Dodos, a San Franciscan guitar-n-drum duo, recently offered up another track from their forthcoming album Visiter, which is due March 18th via Frenchkiss Records. Guitarist/singer Meric Long and drummer Logan Kroeber, who have played the part of Red Hunter’s backing band as Peter and the Wolf in the past, will embark on a tour throughout the continental US with an extended stop right here in Austin for SXSW.

Their live shows are reportedly phenomenal, and after self-releasing their debut album in 2007 they are making the jump to the next level in 2008. I have only been familiar with this duo for a few weeks, and I already want to drop everything I have planned and go out to find some drums to beat on.
"It was my first time seeing them live. They positioned themselves across from each other on stage - Meric sitting in a bar chair and Logan positioned on a wobbling stool. They launched into their first number and did not hold back. I was positively DUMBFOUNDED by the display of musicianship seen on stage that night. Meric picked his guitar like he had 3 hands. Logan went bananas behind his drum kit - no kick drum, just a trio of toms, a few symbols, and a tambourine ducked taped to his shoe. I could not believe I had never heard of this band before." -Rock Insider
from Visiter
from Daytrotter
from Beware Of The Maniacs