Friday, February 15, 2008

Let's Wrestle

I see dozens of horrible band names day in and day out, and after a while it can drive you a little nuts. I won't get into specifics and call people out, let's just say that when I come across a band with a decent name I am a bit shocked and awed. If you think it's bad now, just imagine 50 years from now when all of the good band names have really been taken. I weep for billboards everywhere just thinking about it.

What does all of this have to do with Let's Wrestle? Very little, other than I think their name is the bees knees. Let's Wrestle aren't revolutionists or anything, they're just a trio from London who "write shambolic pop songs about sniffing glue, pissing on cars and hating girls." Hmmm, I guess that's called Brit-punk-pop? Maybe they are revolutioninsts afterall, in their own snotty way.
Those are two cuts from their forthcoming EP titled In Loving Memory Of..., which you can score at Stolen Recordings. I for one think they are catchy as hell. Check the Let's Wrestle myspace for more.

0 comments: