Thursday, February 07, 2008

SXSW 2008 Showcasing Artists

Just in the nick of time, SXSW has released the list of 2008 Showcasing Artists. They don't have all of the media and links put together for the artists yet, and the list is subject to change, but at least we have our first official list of the hundreds of bands who will be infiltrating Austin from all over the globe next month.

Assuming I can take care of a few things that I have on the docket for the next few weeks, I will try to highlight a good number of the bands that I think people should check out during the week of SXSW. Needless to say it will be a monumental task, we are the live music capital of the world after all.

Out of curiosity I sifted through the list to see what local acts have been included, and here is a number of them that I recognized immediately. There are many more, these are just the ones I have become most familiar/friendly with since I started running this blog.
Click here to see the full list.

0 comments: