Monday, February 04, 2008

SXSW is Looking Good

At SXSW 2007 I saw 47 bands in five days. I don't know if I will be able to match that number at SXSW 2008, but it's going to be one hell of a time. I have been keeping my eye on the list of confirmed/rumored bands that has been in circulation, and so far things are looking pretty good.

You can check out a comprehensive list of SXSW bands at Club Kingsnake, read festival updates over at Austinist, get party info at Done Waiting, and as we get closer to March you can find detailed SXSW event information at Do512 and text info at Austin Showlist. If you keep those sites bookmarked, along with SXSW.com, you should be able to find out just about everything you need to know about my favorite week of the year.

Almost 700 bands have been confirmed so far, and here are some sounds from a random handful of them. Ice Cube and The Roots are still rumored at this point. My fingers are crossed...
More to come...

1 comments:

Dirty D said...

awesome cover of blind melon!