Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Awesome City Limits

Instead of having Perry Farrell comparing lineup leakers to skunks...
“My initial reaction? Well… this guy, he’s a stinker, so it was kind of like having a skunk at the party. So what do we do? Well, I think we should make him the stinky mascot. That’s what I’m going to do. Pepe LePew,” he hissed.
...ACL took a turn for the better and offered festival fans a glimpse at 29 of the 130 acts that will play this year in form of a mashup courtesy of Car Stereo (Wars), and the results are dandy.
Here is what we have been able to decipher:
  • Man Man
  • Jamie Lidell
  • Eli Reed
  • Neko Case
  • Kate Nash
  • Hot Chip
  • Octopus Project
  • Okkervil River
  • Del the Funky Homosapien
  • Silversun Pickups
  • NERD
  • Gnarls Barkley
  • Raconteurs
  • MGMT
  • Heartless Bastards
  • Robert Earl Keen
  • Car Stereo Wars
  • Antibalas
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Sharon Jones and The DapKings
  • Duffy
  • Kings of Leon
  • Ingrid Michaelson
  • Manu Chao
  • Black Joe Lewis
  • The Thrills
  • Joe Jackson
  • Asleep at the Wheel
Pearl Jam is being rumored to be one of the headliners as well as Rage Against the Machine. Looking good...

4 comments:

Ana said...

RATM would be excellent, but it's not looking likely.

Roy said...

I think this is a very solid start. I am really hoping they add the Black Keys, I feel that's pretty likely. A festival with both the Keys and KoL is pretty strong. I think I would be partial to Pearl Jam...

sonic itch music said...

I'm pretty sure that Pearl Jam is out of the question. I heard that they were confirmed, but Eddie Vedder now has a baby on the way, forcing the band to cancel.

Anonymous said...

css (i think is the third segment)