Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Paul & Ringo rumored to unite

Yesterday I got an e-mail that linked to a news article which discussed the rumor that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are set to reunite on stage for an historic performance. Today I went over to my favorite sandwich stand and there was a copy of Blender sitting on the table, and as I was waiting I flipped through it. The first story I hit was an interview with Ringo Starr, and I can only guess that it must be some sort of serendipity.

Apparently the two remaining Beatles are big on giving back to the Fab Four's hometown of Liverpool, and when Paul McCartney takes the stage at Liverpool’s first Sound City music festival, people believe that Ringo Starr will join him. Taking place over four days later this month (May 27-30), the festival will host names like The Field, Hercules And Love Affair, Crystal Castles, Santogold and many more. Details on all that jazz are at the link.

No one knows for certain that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will take the stage together, but just the mention of it has been enough to put Beatles fans on high alert. On that note...anyone have a place to crash in Liverpool?

1 comments:

Randy said...

I can only pray this is true. Even better would be if Pete Best joined them for a true reunion.