Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kings of Leon “Only By The Night” Preview

Kings of Leon came to me at the perfect time in my life, I won’t go into details as to why this is, but know that the band meant and still means a lot to me. Even with the change of tone in their most recent work “Because of the Times”, I maintain my love for the Southern boys, and was overjoyed to discover that they will be releasing their fourth album, “Only By The Night” on September 23 (through RCA). But September isn’t for two months, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s too long to wait.

To ease my pain Spin Magazine has teamed up with the Followills to let loose the first track (although not the official single) from the album, this song is entitled “Crawl”. Frankly, the track doesn’t do too much for me; it’s more ACDC rock ‘n’ roll than I usually like, and they seem to have completely let go of their Nashville roots. But I do have hope for the album; the song does seem to be a happy medium between the polish of their most recent album and the dirty southern rock of “Youth & Young Manhood”.

But check it out for yourself, the song will only be available for one week so don’t put this one off. Download "Crawl" at the link.


Bona Fide Darling said...

Seriously? "Crawl" is one of their best songs in quite a while. I'm a big fan, however, I didn't dig their last album too much. It was way to U2 leaning for me. I love "Crawl" and "Sex on Fire!"

I can't wait for the new album to come out. I like the musical progression on this album more the "Because of The Times."