I saw the Secret Machines play a show in Houston back in 2004, and to this day my friends and I who were there still talk about it. Their drummer is intense (winning an Esky Award for Best Drummer from Esquire Magazine in 2005,) they had an brain-bending light show that was unforgettable, and the old Dallas natives sounded great blasting out their mixed bag of spacious rock.
It was definitely the best show I can remember seeing in the city of Houston, so I'm hoping that this new incarnation of the Secret Machines will rock as much as the previous one. I've read that the new stuff is return to the heavier sound found on "Now Here Is Nowhere," and Austin will have a chance find out on Saturday, August 2nd at Stubb's.
Secret Machines Tour Dates:
- Sun 07/27/08 West Hollywood, CA Viper Room
- Mon 07/28/08 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre
- Tue 07/29/08 El Paso, TX Club 101
- Wed 07/30/08 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theatre
- Fri 08/01/08 Dallas, TX House Of Blues
- Sat 08/02/08 Austin, TX Stubb's (tix)
- Sun 08/03/08 San Antonio, TX White Rabbit
- Tue 08/05/08 Jacksonville, FL Plush
- Wed 08/06/08 Fort Lauderdale, FL Revolution
- Thu 08/07/08 Saint Petersburg, FL Jannus Landing
- Fri 08/08/08 Lake Buena Vista, FL House Of Blues
- Sat 08/09/08 North Myrtle Beach, SC House Of Blues
- Sun 08/10/08 Jersey City, NJ Liberty State Park