Friday, August 29, 2008

Here Come the Mogwai

You may find it easy right now to keep your stereo playing Beck's Modern Guilt. Or maybe you've gone back to some old Talking Heads' albums with a little bit of excitement over the chance to see David Byrne. I hear you friends, its easy with ACL about a month away, I've been doing a lot of the same. BUT, there are a few other shows to look forward to here in the next month. One of which I just recently noticed silently scheduled for September 12th at Stubb's...Mogwai.

Mogwai just recently put out a new EP, Batcat, and have a new LP, The Hawk is Howling, hitting us September 22nd with a pretty sweet album cover. Below is a track from Batcat sweetly named "Stupid Prick Gets Chased By The Police And Loses His Slut Girlfriend", which I am beginning to believe is about some stupid prick who gets chased by the cops and loses his slut girlfriend...that's just my take though. Check out their upcoming show in Austin with Fuck Buttons, event info + tix.

4 comments:

Subservient Experiment said...

New Mogwai really p3wns Modern Guilt.

=w=
healthryder.blogspot.com

A Librarian said...

I always feel silly doing this but since the rule is that I notify you. Soooo....since you are my favorite music blog I am posting about you as part of BlogDay 2008. http://www.blogday.org/

Mr. Curiosity said...

Woah. Thank you very much for the compliment.

Dem said...

A little spam, just for u :)
www.myspace.com/demseywoo