The band sounds as good as ever with help from openers Big Business providing ½ of the Melvins’ sound on Nude (as well as 2006's Senile Animal). King Buzzo and Dale Crover show no signs of stopping their hard rocking ways and vigilante touring schedule as this marks their 3rd appearance at Emo's in the last two years.
I hope you like percussion, heavy hooks and a dollop of obsurdity! The Melvins pack it all in on the 11 new tracks from the north west rock monster on Nude With Boots. By a glance at the setlist from the tour (most dates have been the same exact setlist) expect to hear 6 cuts from the new disc.
Along with their always unique and fucked up website, the Melvins change it up constantly on the new disc. Psychedelic Pink Floyd drumming nonsense ala Ummagumma, classic rock riffs from the 70s, 80s hair and 90s sludge run a muck on the disc. One eerie number, Dies Iraea, sounds like something that was going through Private Pyle’s head right before he hit the tipping point. You can check out their two singles, "The Kicking Machine" and "Nude With Boots" on their myspace page.
Here is an album cut from Nude that you will hear tomorrow:
Melvins on Tour:
- Aug 21 2008 Warehouse Live Houston, Texas
- Aug 22 2008 Emo’s Austin, Texas (tickets)
- Aug 23 2008 House Of Blues Dallas, Texas
- Aug 25 2008 Launch Pad Albequerque, New Mexico
- Aug 26 2008 Plush Tucson, Arizona
- Aug 27 2008 The Brickhouse Theater Phoenix, Arizona
- Aug 28 2008 Canes San Diego, California
- Aug 29 2008 Glass House Pomona, California
- Aug 30 2008 Troubadour Los Angeles, California
- Aug 31 2008 Troubadour Los Angeles, California
- Sep 4 2008 Niceto Club Buenos Aires
- Sep 6 2008 Via Funchal-Orloff Five Festival Sao Paulo