Saturday, September 13, 2008

ACL Bands - Fleet Foxes


I love music festivals.  There are few things I like doing more then hanging out in the sun, drinking a cold beer, and listening to live music.  The whole experience is a pretty good deal.  I like checking out bands I already know and enjoy, but it's also cool getting a good surprise.  Before last year's ACL I had only heard a little bit of LCD Soundsystem and didn't know what to expect from the show, it turned out to be one of my favorite.  SO, I thought that over the next couple of weeks we could post a few of the shows that we are really looking forward to that you, dear readers, may or may not know about.  Maybe there's something that peaks your interest and you'll catch a show you may have missed...

All that brings me to Fleet Foxes.  These guys have picked up pretty fast after some love from critics (getting a 9.0 from Pitchfork, and those guys are pretty picky).  I think I have listened to their self titled debut album about a million times since its release in June.  Its got a real chill dreamy folk sound, pretty different from a lot of stuff out there.  These guys are from Seattle, but the vibe their music puts out can feel at home in Austin quite nicely.  I love the lyrics, the sound, and I think their name is pretty freakin' cool too (I mean who doesn't love foxes?).  Now I am just kinda curious how good they are live.  Anyway, check out "Ragged Wood" below and maybe you'll find enough love to catch their 12:30 set on second day.

0 comments: