Tuesday, September 02, 2008

More Delta Spirit

All the way back in December the Curiosity told you about Delta Spirit and their great new album Ode to Sunshine. At this point, I really think people who enjoy listening to good music need to know who they are...so I felt like another post was in order.

The band seems to be quickly picking up steam this year, as they played a great show at Parish around a month ago, will perform at ACL later this month, and have another Parish show booked, this time with Dr. Dog. Their album finally got put up on iTunes/Amazon on August 6th (Amazon is actually allowing you to download the song "Trashcan" for free...nice) and iTunes users have been quick to throw up numerous positive comments about the album.

The folks at Daytrotter are big fans as well, who invited the band back into the studio for a second go 'round earlier this year. It also appears that Delta Spirit are playing a show nearly EVERYDAY of September, so I don't think they can possibly pick up steam any faster. I saw them play at the Parish about a month ago and they put on a great show, so I highly recommend checking them out.

My only issue with their quick rise is that everyone seems to be hyping the songs "People, C'mon" and "Trashcan," when "Strange Vine" is easily the best song on the album, in my humble opinion. Maybe we can do something about this:

0 comments: