Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Songs For The Deaf

I remember buying this one when it was released back in 2002, and then jamming on it for quite a while before putting it on the shelf to move on to other things. But over the past year it seems to have been following me around, and I've developed a newfound affection for it.

Almost every time I'm hanging out at a bar something from Songs For The Deaf ends up playing on the jukebox, and it reminds me of just how great this album is. I won't say much more, as most people already know how good this album is. But if you don't know, go buy it, and find out more at the link.


Jeremy said...

Hell yeah! I jammed this cold classic more that I can remember back in the day. Coincidentally, Captain's Dead just posted a nice collection of outtakes and alternate versions of tunes from this album just yesterday: http://www.captainsdead.com/your-home-numbers-on-the-wall.html.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Sweet, thanks for the link.

William Trinity said...

my personal favorite QOTSA album is Lullabies to Paralyze, but Songs is definitely good stuff.

Mr. Curiosity said...

here's another link of interest:


Mr. Curiosity said...

and...another link of interest: