Winter is upon us, but if you want to throw on a jacket and get out there to see some live music in Austin this week, here are a few shows that I would recommend.
After movie night tomorrow, Thursday is busy with The Ting Tings and Eagles of Death Metal at Emo's, while The Laughing and Via Audio are at Stubb's. Our old pals Transmography is playing Creekside Lounge on Friday, which seems like the new hot spot. Saturday is pretty crazy, with far too many good shows happening all at once. Take your pick:
- Trail of Dead and Ume at Red 7
- The Strange Boys at Emo's
- Local H and Lions at Trophy's
- The Undiscovered Austin Secret Show at Mohawk
- And from Brazil, electronic dance duo The Twelves - with free beer
Zeale has been putting in lots of work around town, appearing at SXSW, Fun Fun Fun Fest, and putting on high-energy live shows with Boombox ATX, Los Bad Apples, and his battle-rapping comrade Phranchyze. The Austin Chronicle has a few words about 'em at the link.