Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dr. Octagon

As I was sitting out in the crowd watching Dr. Octagon at Fun Fun Fun Fest, listening to hundreds of people in the crowd matching every rhyme word for word, I knew this was something I needed to give a listen to. It didn't take long to get hooked on it, because this album is cool in a couple of different ways.

Dr. Octagonecologyst is one of the better concept/alias hip-hop albums of the era, it was the very first release by Kool Keith, and Dan the Automator's production and beats match up perfectly to his lyrical style, making is still fun to listen to 12 years after its release. Kool Keith + Dan the Automator = Win.


Thomas said...

One of my all-time favorite albums. I talked with Keith before his FFFest appearance and he was as strange as you might imagine. Q&A highlights here:

Mr. Curiosity said...

Thanks for sharing!