Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fucked Up


The Toronto hardcore band known as Fucked Up is coming back to Austin. I wouldn't normally care much about a hardcore show, as hardcore is one of the things that I am not, but I did stumble upon this band at SXSW last year and enjoy the show thoroughly. It's nothing outrageous, just a dangerously good time.

Take a look at the video above (their first) to get an idea of what you can expect. And if you're into it, check out their 2008 release on Matador Records, The Chemistry of Common Life. It ended up on quite a few best-of-the-year lists.

Fucked Up are at Emo's on Saturday, January 31. Free tickets are here.

2 comments:

Manny Morales said...

I like this band. After viewing the video, I would be interested enough to go see them. It may be a little hardcore for me too, but I'd give it try. Thanks, Manny.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Cool. They are very good at what they do.