Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dark Was The Night

I just got my Dark Was The Night album in. If you haven't heard yet, a whole bunch of really badass indie musicians got together and contributed a compilation of tracks to benefit the Red Hot Organization. The Red Hot Organization is an international charity focused on HIV and AIDs awareness.

This album was produced by Aaron and Bryce Dessner of The National and contains a lot of great exclusive tracks. Spoon, The National, Bon Iver, My Morning Jacket, Andrew Bird, David Byrne, Jose Gonzalez, Arcade Fire...the list goes on and on, you should be purchasing this right now. AND it's a double disc for the price of one.

It's great music and it's a great cause. You can do your small part both here and here.

Here's a video with the Yeasayer track from the album, called "Tightrope".


Manny Morales said...

If Yeasayer's "Tightrope" is any indication of the Dark Was The Night album, it's definitely an album I'll add to my music library. Thanks, Manny.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Your feedback is always appreciated Manny, thanks.

Anonymous said...

This song is called "Brackett, WI." Not W9.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Right, thanks for the correction.

Mr. Roo said...

I love these charity albums ^__^

Will be purchasing. Thank you for making me aware.

Gadget man said...

Wow. I just approached this band through your site. I'm truly impressed. The sad thing is you'll never ever hear this on the radio. I'm probably late as this post was posted back in 2009.