Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ume: Dead Venues Live

I found this little gem over at the newly sexy Dell Lounge:
"A huge part of Austin's music scene in the '80s, Club Foot (which lived where the Frost Bank Tower now stands) helped break such seminal punk legends as The Skunks. Veteran musician/writer Jesse Sublett talks with Ume frontwoman Lauren Larson about Club Foot's checkered past, shedding light on the history of this venerable Austin institution."
"Dead Venues Live" will be an ongoing series where current bands visit the spot of popular music venues that are now defunct. The first episode features the up-and-coming Austin power trio Ume delivering a blistering set at the Frost Bank Tower, where the legendary punk stomping grounds Club Foot by used to be.

Check out Ume's video performance of "The Conductor," one of the songs on the Sunshower EP I told you about. Ume will be playing my SXSW day party, which I'll tell you all about soon.


Shawn said...

Definitely a cool video and a good find. Not too sure about the "newly sexy" Dell Lounge. It's a bit of a cluster fuck.

Nonetheless, a cool video about Club Foot and great use of UME. Hopefully they will do an episode on Liberty Lunch. I think I miss that venue most.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Definitely. Liberty Lunch was the first thing I thought of when I saw this.