Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Live from SXSW



Sitting in the internet shack at the Fader Fort, just after a nice set from The Strange Boys. The best band I have seen so far this week is A Place To Bury Strangers, and a close second is Here We Go Magic, who showed up late to the Austinist party at Mohawk earlier today but still had enough time to impress.

In between stops at Irish-centric locations for St. Patty's yesterday I caught The Drones, SuperLiteBike and Dans La Lune. Today I managed to catch the last song of two different sets by Garotas Suecas, who are as good live as I've been expecting.

Now it's off to catch King Khan, or Golden Triangle or The Mae Shi, or battle the line at Red 7, then debate between the mayor's party, the Austin Music Awards, or a return trip to the Fader for Micachu.

At least I know where I'll be tomorrow.

0 comments: