Micachu & The Shapes is a three-piece band from across the Atlantic, led by 21-year old Mica Levi. Their debut album 'Jewellery' is an unusual, fearlessly experimental record that blends an array of influences to end up sounding like nothing anything else I have heard. Beggars says "Micachu uses a modified guitar played with a hammer action called a ‘chu’ and a bowed instrument fashioned from a CD rack. She also uses improvised instruments, such as glass bottles or a vacuum cleaner."
The Micachu & The Shapes album just came out in the UK (April 7th in the US) and has already been attracting quite a bit of press. Chromewaves and Largehearted Boy both talked about it earlier this week, as did Telegraph and the BBC. Odd, noisy pop music isn't normally this endearing.
- Wed. Todd P Day Party at Ms. Beas, 1:00pm
- Wed. - Fader Fort 6:45 PM
- Thur. - Clash Magazine Party at The Dirty Dog, 2:00pm
- Thur. - IAMSOUND/'SUP Party at Malverde, 3:50pm
- Thur. - Windish Agency at Emo's, 8:00pm
- Fri. - True Panther Party at Baby Acapulco, 8:15pm