Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ACL Festival Lineup Announced

The lineup for the 2009 Austin City Limits Music Festival was announced today! The headliners look good, notably Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Kings of Leon and Thievery Corporation, but those weren't much of a surprise. I'm more excited to see some names I did not expect, including Rodriguez, Here We Go Magic, Girl Talk, and Bassnectar.

ACL was fun last year, but I think this one should easily top it. I'll finally get to see Sonic Youth, and we get a chance to check out Jack White's new band The Dead Weather. Arctic Monkeys and Andrew Bird are always really good live, Ghostland Observatory and Black Joe Lewis will both rock the house, Mos Def will surely be cool, and I'm happy to see the inclusion of Deer Tick and Alela Diane. The rest of my schedule will likely include The Walkmen, Dr. Dog, Heartless Bastards, Grizzly Bear, Devotchka, and the everlasting Toadies.

It's going down October 2-4 at Zilker Park, where C3 spent a bunch of money on irrigation to combat the dust problem from years past. I haven't seen a full list of after parties yet, but that information should be coming shortly. Head over to aclfestival.com to get your tickets and stuff.