Saturday, May 09, 2009

Floating Action



I'm pretty exhausted from moving and a couple of post-move Shady Thangs. I really just needed something to sit and chill to, I was thinking of something along the lines of Little Joy. Right before I kicked that album off I came across this pretty cool lo-fi album from Floating Action. If Little Joy and Peter & The Wolf got together and had a love child, it would be Floating Action.

The album doesn't stall but it is smooth and has a little country twang to it that will be friendly to Austin ears. It's this funky little hodge podge of cool songs. I'm really struggling what song to post here, not just because all the songs are all really good (there are tons of great songs here) but because I can't find one song to show what its all about. Each one has got its own personality, yet the album seems cohesive. What's cool is that the album was done entirely by one guy, Seth Kauffman...crazy. I'll just go with the first track:

2 comments:

Manny Morales said...

It's Sunday morning and I'm checking e-mails and reading various blogs. One thing I can say is that I always read your blog because it informative and most entertaining. I have never heard of Floating Action but I kind of felt like you. "I really just needed something to sit and chill to" along with my cup of coffee. "50 Lashes" was smooth, mellow with a nice beat and the song and the coffee made it a good Sunday morning. Thanks, Manny.

Byrne said...

This is great. I really like it. Thanks again!