Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TV on the Radio at Stubb's


TV on the Radio is playing Stubb's on Saturday, and you don't want to miss it. I saw them play Stubb's last year and left the show in awe, deciding right then and there that TV on the Radio is surely one of the best bands in America. If nothing else you can see a large group people simultaneously geek out when "Wolf Like Me" is played. I will definitely be one of them.

This show will sell out, so pick up a ticket right now unless you want to deal with some hygiene-challenged scalper outside of the venue.


Also...back on Feb 19th we mentioned the "Dark Was The Night" charity album. Hopefully you heeded our advice and picked that up, because if you haven't heard the Sufjan Stevens track you're only cheating yourself. Seriously, it's really, really sweet. If you still haven't checked it out then you also missed Dave Sitek (of TV on the Radio) providing a cover of the Troggs' "With A Girl Like You." Have a listen:

5 comments:

Travis said...

YOU are the blood flowing thru my fingers, la da da da da. Yeah that compilation is the shit. Grizzly Bear and feist is one of my faves. Also you can't forget the dirty projectors and David byrne's Knotty pine. I probably listened to that one 10 times in a row when I first got it.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

music news said...

I so wish i could've been there.

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

OutlawBlues said...

Travis, I hear you. Great choices. How great was that compilation? I've heard so many of these charity albums, but very few are so excellent.