Monday, July 13, 2009

New Flaming Lips


Here are a couple of tracks from the forthcoming Flaming Lips double-album Embryonic. I'm expecting nothing less than awesome. The only specific release date I've found is September 29, 2009.
Check The Insider and Billboard for more on the new album:
"This marks their first full studio set in three years following their Grammy Award-winning At War with the Mystics. EMBRYONIC, The Lips' 12th album, was recorded in Fredonia, NY and Oklahoma City, OK, with studio whiz and general co-conspirator Dave Fridmann and just may be their most sonically adventurous and compositionally vernal form of musical expression ever."
The Flamings Lips covering Madonna:

6 comments:

Neil Cake said...

thanks for these. I am very excited about the prospect of a Lips double album, which I understand is set to be their "White Album"... I really hope it is, cos while they are still my favourite all-time band, I feel they need to do something REALLY special to secure that status. I wasn't a fan of At War With the Mystics.

I'm also looking forward to the prospect of a new live show. As awesome as it is, the new one is getting a little... familiar.

Neil Cake said...

I've listened to them now: very intriguing. This is much more like it. Nice and crazy... almost like Can, in places.

I love that production, too.

Mr. Curiosity said...

I'm pumped for this album. It's gonna be epic.

rap said...

Thanks. Dig 'em!

Freida Bee, MD said...

Good Gawd, The Flaming Lips are where ELO transforms every lame song into a wonderhit. I didn't really expect them to top their Kylie Minogue cover.

Hope they come to Austin soon, and thanks for posting this vid. I'm stealin' it. As always, I love your blog.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Thank you!