Monday, August 17, 2009

Monolith Festival


“Thrice is Nice,” and so is the 3rd annual Monolith Festival lineup. Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Mars Volta are set to headline the indie-explosion featuring Girl Talk, DOOM, Of Montreal, MSTRKRFT, Health, Phoneix, M. Ward, Red Man & Method to name a few. Also on the bill are Passion Pit, who’ve been creating a lot buzz in the indie music scene alongside up-in-comers Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, a folk rock group consisting of 10 members. The festival will be held September 14 & 15 at Red Rock Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado.

I had the chance to attend last year’s Monolith and I have to say it’s been the best festival I’ve attended so far. The most affordable ticket prices, cleanest restrooms, shortest drink/food wait lines and convenient stage setups; I didn’t have to trek 1 or 2 miles to catch acts. In addition to the headliners, I’m looking forward to seeing electronic duo Neon Indian whose track “Deadbeat Summer,” has become my summer anthem.
The electro beat amidst warped synthesizers is simply irresistible! Another act I’m looking forward to is Girl Talk. I missed him last time he played in Austin and rest assure, I won’t miss him again as I know that it’ll be a total dance party. Also on my “to see list” are Israeli rockers Monotonix, who are notorious for their boisterous, raucous fiery shows; literally, their drummer plays with his cymbals on fire!


The two day festival kicks off Friday evening, September 13 with events held at adjacent venues, The Gothic Theater (Southern Comfort Party) and Moes BBQ (Toyota Antics Party.) Headliners of those events include The Cool Kids and Chromeo (Dj set). These parties are exclusive to winners of the Southern Comfort promos, media and VIP ticket holders, which can be purchased HERE! Regular two-day passes are still on sale as well.

1 comments:

Adam S. said...

Yeah, this is going to be great! We've been doing interviews with everyone playing our (the MadeLoud) stage in anticipation of the festival. Here's ours with Neon Indian:

http://www.madeloud.com/article/interview_neon_indian