Monday, September 28, 2009

ACL Festival Attractions

It's no secret, the 8th annual Austin City Limits Music Festival will take over Zilker Park this weekend with more than 130 acts spread across eight stages. I haven't been by the park since they began working on the $2.5 million in renovations, so I'm looking forward to seeing what difference it has made.

Tickets ran out faster than ever this year, but I imagine that anyone without a ticket can still pick one up an outside the gate for a decent price. As always, there are plenty of pre-and-after parties going on that will have people looking like hungover zombies by the time the sun rises on Sunday. Find more info on those events below.

ACL artist picks:
ACL afterparties and such:

Thursday, October 1

  • Beauty Bar: Art Disaster w/ Lemurs, White White Lights RSVP
  • Emo’s: The Walkmen, Blitzen Trapper Info here
  • Stubb's: Them Crooked Vultures Info here

Friday, October 2

  • Emo's: !!! w/ Harlem & Neon Indian Info here
  • The Independent: The Knux, Table Manners Crew RSVP
  • The Parish: Raveonettes, Here We Go Magic Info here
  • Beauty Bar: Loyaute Soundsystem, Voxtrot RSVP
  • Seaholm Power Plant: Broken Social Scene, free booze RSVP
  • Emo’s: Deer Tick, the Henry Clay People Info here
  • La Zona Rosa: Devotchka, Los Amigos Invisibles Info here
  • Stubb’s: STS9 Info here

Saturday, October 3

  • La Zona Rosa: Bassnectar Info here
  • Emo's: Grizzly Bear w/ Beach House Info here
  • Antone’s: Dan Auerbach, Rodriguez Info here
  • Seaholm Power Plant: Live at Seaholm, acts TBA RSVP
  • Stubb's: Thievery Corporation Info here
  • Mohawk: NASA w/ VEGA RSVP
  • Club de Ville: T Bird & the Breaks, Brownout Info here
  • Emo's: Felice Brothers w/ Red Cortez Info here

Sunday, October 4


Aaron Robert Hall said...

Before I knew it, tickets were sold out before I even had time to gripe about the cost to attend ACL all weekend, not to mention the cost of the after parties, drinks, and cabs! (holy bank breaker batman). I did however manage to pick up a volunteer shift for Friday morning. So I was stoked to at least get in the fest on Friday from 3-close. There are some great acts this year and it is driving me absolutely nuts trying to decide on which after-shows and after parties to attend and which ones to cut out. As for the aftermath with such adventures, I cant afford the energy to be a zombie all weekend, but surely I will dabble in some zombie love.

@Mr. Curiosity - where you going to be at Friday?

Mr. Curiosity said...

Haha, I'll be dabbling in zombie love as well. As for Friday, if I can muster it, I will be either at the Power Plant or Emo's, likely the former. Maybe I'll run into you at the fest?

Aaron Robert Hall said...

Sweet! I got an RSVP in on the plant and am going to pick up the bracelets when and wherever they pass them out. Kind of funny way of doing that. So yeah, hope to see you sometime Friday, I'm pretty pumped.