Monday, January 17, 2011

Middle Brother: "Me Me Me"

It seems as though super-groups are all the rage these days, as musicians seek free-form projects and allow themselves the opportunity to collaborate with pals -- a trend I find truly wonderful. What's more fun than seeing your favorite musician enjoying their talents and furthering their art?

As a huge fan of Deer Tick, with an admitted crush on front-man John McCauley, I'm flat-out excited to see what comes of this new project with Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes) and Matthew Vasquez (Delta Spirit). While they debuted their collaboration with a premier performance at last year's SXSW as MG&V, they'll be returning this year, slightly more polished for a showcase on March 19th at Auditorium Shores with Man Man, Bright Eyes & The Felice Brothers.

It almost feels like someone made this showcase just for me. Hopefully there will be some heart-warming collaborations between the acts. I fully anticipate a bro-down for the books. After all, it wasn't long ago I got to witness Deer Tick join The Felice Brothers for a boot-stompin' encore at Emo's.


c said...

Hey - I luv your blog and like you I am also a big Deer Tick fan (with an admitted crush on John McCauley) If you are into Deer Tick, Delta Spirit, etc. you should def give Adam Faucett a listen and check him out at the Ghost Room this Sat. nite. I think you will see why I make the comparison..Like John, Adam comes is wise and weathered beyond his years, with a voice that literally shakes the room - he is timeless, edgy and weird all at once.
Adam already has a big reputation in Arkansas, and his new album (his third) More Like A Temple is not out yet but he will be selling them at the show on Sat. The first 3 songs are streaming on his homepage

hungry hearted said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to check out the show, or at least what is streaming on Adam's page.

Best, Jessica (

c said...

you def should! he is amaaazing live..

Larissa said...

"Me, Me, Me" is my Swell Tune today:
Sounds like a 70's garage band playing a sock hop.