Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Colour Trip

Having formed in 2007 and channeling influences such as The Cure, The Smiths, Fugazi and The Velvet Underground, Ringo Deathstarr have thus far released a batch of singles on both sides of the Atlantic and in Japan, including a self titled EP, a couple of 7"s, and a 9-track Japanese mini-album, Sparkler. Adding to that repertoire, the band will release their debut album, Colour Trip, in two weeks time through Club AC30 Records.

Recorded at The Bubble in the spring of 2010, the 11-track album the singles "So High," mixed by Simon Barnicott (Doves, Temper Trap). The loud-as-hell live trio will tour the UK, France, Spain and Germany in support of the album, having recently gigged with the likes of the Dandy Warhols, A Place to Bury Strangers, Secret Machines and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.

Ringo Deathstarr - So High


Anonymous said...

well, I think these guys are tremendous.
I can't find a single other person who thinks so but I will not let that discourage me, although it would be funner if I knew someone else who liked it.
I thought initially they were J&M Chain clones but they have built their own starship.