Wednesday, February 02, 2011

You May Need A Murderer

A friend of mine who is well familiar with my love of music docs dropped this one off to me a few days ago. I wasn't familiar with Low at all so I had no idea what I was getting into, and had no reference point to know what to expect. What I discovered is that the film his basically an in-depth look at Low founder and front man Alan Sparhawk being crazy. For instance, at one point he comes right out and says he thinks he's the antichrist. He's also certain that the world is coming to an end right this second, and spends a good bit of time discussing his mad religious and political opinions. Maybe he just knows something we don't. Either way, "You May Need A Murderer" is an interesting portrait of a troubled soul, with moments of real beauty. It's also a decent introduction to the band's music for the truly uninitiated. Check out a review and they few songs from the film here.