Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ringo Deathstarr

I have been a fan of Ringo Deathstarr from the moment I saw them during Free Week in Austin a few years ago. I distinctly remember being surprised by how loud they were. Everyone else started slowly moving away from the stage when they started playing, while I started moving forward. Some like it loud. If you ever want to have your skin peeled back at a shell, go see Ringo DeathStarr. They will shoegaze your face off.

Ringo Deathstarr is guitarist Elliott Frazier, bassist Alex Gehring, and drummer Daniel Coborn. They play fuzzy pop songs buried under loud amounts of noise, in the realm of My Bloody Valentine and the Jesus and Mary Chain. They put out a new album, Colour Trip, earlier this year. It's definitely one of my favorite releases of the year, and the best product delivered to us by the band thus far in their career.

Ringo DeathStarr - "Do It Every Time"

Ringo Deathstarr just finished a European tour with Smashing Pumpkins, and will be playing in Austin again on NYE at Cheer Up Charlie's.

Check out a recent interview with The Yorker. The nice little remix below is featured on their latest EP, which I think you can pick up at one of their shows. Or on Japanese Cherry Blossom scented pink and purple swirly vinyl.

Ringo Deathstarr - "Shadow" (Deep Cut Mix)




0 comments: