Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Secret Colours

No, I'm not dead. And this blog isn't dead either. I've been dealing with a medical issue since early October, but I think it's starting to get better. Hopefully now I'll be able to throw some new music up here that I've been enjoying lately.

I'll start with this video I just got in my inbox today. It comes from Chicago's Secret Colours, who I discovered last year and had the pleasure of hosting at our SXSW showcase at Emo's (R.I.P.) co-presented by the Reverberation Appreciation Society. That was a special night, and Secret Colours were a big part of it. It's always encouraging to see genuine people doing what they love, and they put on a great show.

This is the first video for Secret Colours' forthcoming effort, EP3. The video for "Faust" was directed and edited by Elijah Alvarado:

Secret Colours are Tommy Evans, Dave Stach, Dylan Olson, Justin Frederick, Margaret Albright, and Nate Weiss. If you missed  Secret Colours in Austin at SXSW 2011, I'm happy to report that you will be able to catch them at SXSW 2012. Get more info here.

Here's a track from one of their previous EPs:

Secret Colours - "In The Absence"


lush said...

Good to see you posting again. You've been missed. Here's hoping your recovery goes well and you're right as rain very soon.

Mr. Curiosity said...

Aww! Thanks Callie!